Whatnaught is a squirrel, with brown fur.
Whatnaught only communicates through making sounds; even with Sofia's Amulet of Avalor, she still can't understand him (this isn't unique among squirrels, as another did talk back to her). When it was urgent that Sofia find a missing screw for Gwen's machine, Whatnaught had to mime it for her.
Whatnaught is generally cheerful and helpful to Sofia and his animal friends when he can be. He tried but failed to act as a voice of reason for Clover when he wanted to use the seeds from the Crown of Blossoms to grow fruits and vegetables for himself and not tell Sofia.
- Sofia the First: Once Upon a Princess (no lines)
- Sofia the First
- 101. "Just One of the Princes" (no lines)
- 106. "The Shy Princess" (no lines)
- 107. "Blue Ribbon Bunny" (no lines)
- 123. "Holiday in Enchancia" (no lines)
- 209. "Gizmo Gwen" (no lines)
- 217. "The Curse of Princess Ivy" (no lines)
- 219. "The Leafsong Festival" (no lines)
- 224. "A Tale of Two Teams" (no lines)
- 309. "Sofia in Elvenmoor" (no lines)
- 403. "The Crown of Blossoms" (no lines)
- Season 4 (unknown ep. prod. number). "The Birthday Wish" (no lines)
- 415. "Ivy's True Colors" (no lines)
- Season 4 (unknown ep. prod. number). "The Mystic Isles: The Great Pretender" (no lines)
- Season 4 (unknown ep. prod. number). "The Mystic Isles: A Hero for the Hoodwinks" (no lines)
Total appearances: 15.
* Bold indicates main or larger supporting role.
- Director, Jamie Mitchell, compared Whatnaught to the silent comedian Harpo Marx.
- The character model of Whatnaught is reused for gray squirrel in "The Buttercups" (season 1, episode 15).